London Central & NW Maths HUBS
This working group is to support teachers develop innovative approaches to teaching Mathematics which motivate learners with SEND, and promote overall economic wellbeing. Using insights from neuroscience and research in SEND as a foundation, the group will work together to build
meaningful “real world” learning opportunities, to address barriers to understanding number.
Participants will also have access to business development specialists to support the development of school-based social enterprise for young people with SEND, for example through stalls, cafes and setting up online stores.
1) Central and North West London Maths Hub: SEND Social Enterprise and Personal Finance Network. Tuesday 15th November, 3.00-5.00pm
2) Central and North West London Maths Hub: Partnerships for Personal Finance Education with Kidzania. Date & Time TBC. www.london.kidzania.com/en-uk
3) Central and North West London Maths Hub: Social Enterprise Start-Up Workshop 1 with Real Ideas Organisation. Tuesday 31st January, 10.00am-3.00pm and Tuesday 18th April, 1.00pm-5.00pm. www.realideas.org
4) Central and North West London Maths Hub: Partnerships for Personal Finance Education with the Personal Finance Education Group. TWILIGHT – Tuesday 4th February, 3.00pm-5.00pm. www.pfeg.org
5) Central and North West London Maths Hub: Visit to Stepping Stones School, Surrey: Social Enterprise Education in Action. Wednesday 22nd March, 10.30am-2.00pm.
6) Central and North West London Maths Hub: SEND Mathematics ‘Micro Teach-Meet': Presenting Resources and Ideas (Venue TBC). TWILIGHT – Tuesday 16th May, 4.00pm-6.00pm.
Tickets are FREE and you can book your place via Eventbrite