We work collaboratively with many partners and welcome opportunities to form new relationships. All our partners contribute to raising standards in learning and teaching.
- The Alliance recognises that every school, mainstream or special has responsibility for SEN and whilst the Alliance will have a focus on inclusion, it will offer a broad range of school to school support and opportunities for collaboration across all sectors.
- The Alliance includes a core of SEN schools providing capacity to offer SEN expertise as a key component of our school to school support for our mainstream primary and secondary schools. We encourage an improved rate of early interventions in identifying and supporting SEN.
- All CPD and school to school improvement and support will be underpinned by coaching approaches which are predicated on the basis of ‘doing with’ rather than ‘doing to’.
- The Alliance is committed to working with Head teachers and schools, NLEs, SLEs and LLEs to encourage and support joint practice development through action research.
- Central to our vision is the opportunity that SEN pupil centric strategies can bring improvement to the achievements of pupils in the mainstream classroom.
- The Alliance works with partner Schools to grow capacity for mutual support through co-creation and co-construction.
- The Alliance works with organisational partnerships to ensure quality relationships focused on outstanding professional development.
- To continue to draw on the considerable expertise that already exists in the Alliance to make staff feel recognised and rewarded.